Seeking help

If you are concerned about your own risk of Dementia and Alzheimer's disease or think you may have symptoms, please contact your general practitioner. The best place to start the diagnostic process is with the local doctor who, after considering the symptoms and ordering screening tests, may offer a preliminary diagnosis or refer you or your friend or relative to a neurologist, geriatrician or psychiatrist.

The following organisations also provide more information on dementia and Alzheimer's disease:

Updated:  6 September 2013/ Responsible Officer:  Responsible Officer/ Page Contact:  DCRC ANU